i thought i was done, but i was wrong

October 10, 2018

i thought i was done, but i was wrong

My plan had been to seam up this sweater to take with us on our trip to Kansas City, in the fervent hope it would be cool enough to wear it. And I did indeed sew all the seams. Then I tried it on. Then I un-seamed it.

the green sweater - October House Fiber Arts blog

Fact is, I've still got some knitting to do. First off, it's too short. That's pretty easily fixed. But the sleeves looked just awful. If I'd been thinking, I would've snapped a photo of them. I just had too much sleeve and not enough armhole. 

I should mention that I have knit this sweater out of a different gauge yarn than called for in the pattern. I did the math and it was going well until I got to the armhole shaping. I knew I should of made the armhole depth longer, but I thought (say it with me) "I can block it and it'll be fine." It's not fine.

the green sweater - October House Fiber Arts blog

So now I'm going to rip back to just before the neck shaping and add a couple of inches to the armhole depth on the both the front and back. That should also take care of the length issue.

I do love the color and the body fit is perfect, so it should be a happy ending. 




Also in journal

patisserie series now available!
patisserie series now available!

October 10, 2019

4th quarter Sock Club sign-ups are open!
4th quarter Sock Club sign-ups are open!

September 16, 2019

end of summer ramblings
end of summer ramblings

August 22, 2019